Iceberg Lettuce Slaw
by Sigona's Home Deliveries:
June 30, 2020
Warm weather is here, with summer right around the corner, and we have the perfect summer salad! This light, fresh take on a traditional slaw uses crunchy iceberg lettuce instead of cabbage. Don’t want to include the bacon or seeds? Just skip them, or replace with your favorite salad topping! This salad makes a great addition to a barbecue menu all summer long with it’s short prep time. Get ready to try your new summer salad staple!
Prep: 15 mins. Makes 4 side salads.
- 3-4 slices bacon
- 1 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp Greek yogurt or sour cream
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 3-4 Tbsp minced fresh parsley or dill
- Salt and pepper
- 1 head iceberg or romaine lettuce
- 1 carrot
- ¼ cup thinly sliced onion (red or sweet) or scallions
- 3-4 Tbsp frozen peas, thawed
- 2 Tbsp sunflower or pumpkin seeds
- Cook bacon until crisp. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine mayonnaise, Greek yogurt or sour cream, lemon juice, minced herb, and ½ tsp each salt and pepper.
- Trim, quarter, and thinly slice lettuce, and add to bowl. Peel carrot and grate on the large holes of a box grater.
- Add carrot, onions, and peas to bowl, and toss thoroughly to combine salad with dressing.
- When bacon is cool, crumble into bite-sized pieces. Sprinkle salad with bacon and sunflower or pumpkin seeds, and serve immediately.