by Sigona's Home Deliveries:
Sept. 22, 2020
We’re officially in fall, which means it’s time to ditch the banana bread and start making homemade pumpkin bread! Every bite is packed with the season’s best flavors: sweet cinnamon, pumpkin, nutmeg, walnuts, and chocolate chips. You won’t regret making this recipe!
- 1 and ¾ cups of all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- ¾ cup of granulated sugar
- ½ cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 ½ cups of pumpkin puree
- ½ cup of melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup of orange juice
- ⅓ cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ⅓ cup of roughly chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and set the oven rack to the middle position. Grease a 9” x 5” inch pan with butter and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk all dry ingredients together: flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs, granulated sugar, and brown sugar together. Then, whisk in the pumpkin, coconut oil, and orange juice.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix together until just combined. Do not over mix. Finally, gently fold in the chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Pour the batter into the pan. Bake for 65 minutes and loosely cover the bread with aluminum foil at 40 minutes. You’ll know the bread is done when a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool and enjoy!