Spicy Pad Thai
by Sigona's Home Deliveries:
Dec. 14, 2020
This spicy pad thai recipe is perfect for a mid-week dinner and uses many common cooking vegetables. This recipe might be better than the restaurant and is definitely worth a try! It comes together quickly so prep and cut all the ingredients ahead of time. We suggest using carrots, bell pepper, and broccoli but all these ingredients can be substituted or left out. Another addition is crushed peanuts! If you’re just making it for two people don’t worry the leftovers are fantastic for lunch.
Cook Time: 35 minutes Servings: Servings: 4
- 8 oz pad thai rice noodles
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 cup of yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- 1 carrot, halved and thinly sliced
- ½ red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- ½ broccoli head, cut into thin florets
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 eggs, whisked
- A handful of fresh cilantro
- 2 tbsp of green onion, chopped
- Pinch of sesame seeds
- ¼ cup of soy sauce
- 2 tbsp crunchy peanut butter
- 2 tbsp light brown sugar
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tbsp sriracha
- 1 tbsp thai red curry paste
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- In a bowl, combine the soy sauce, sesame oil, peanut butter, brown sugar, sriracha, lime juice, and curry paste and stir to combine. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, add sesame oil over medium-high heat.
- Add in the carrots, broccoli, and bell pepper. After 2 minutes add about 2 tablespoons water to “steam” the veggies and speed up the cooking process. After 3-4 minutes, add the onion, garlic, and jalapeno.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil and follow the instructions for the pad thai noodles. Drain and set aside.
- After about 5 minutes of all the veggies cooking, push them to the side of the skillet. Add a teaspoon of sesame oil and add the whisked eggs, and scramble them.
- Add in the cooked pad thai noodles and sauce to the skillet. Carefully toss everything together and take off the heat!
- Plate desired quantities and top with cilantro, green onions, and sesame seeds. Eat while hot and enjoy!