Fall Persimmon Salad
by Sigona's Home Deliveries:
Nov. 20, 2020
This perfect fall-inspired fruit salad is made with Fuyu persimmons, pomegranates, and Satsuma mandarin juice. We garnished it with cilantro, green onion, and a little bit of red onion to balance out the sweetness of the persimmons and pomegranate. What makes this salad even better is that the produce is insanely fresh this time of the year and grown locally here in California!
Prep Time: 15 minutes Servings: 3
- 5 Fuyu persimmons, cut into chunks
- Airls (seeds) from one pomegranate
- 1 green onion, chopped
- ¼ of a red onion, chopped small
- A big handful of cilantro, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup of citrus juice. We used a Satsuma mandarin.
- Drizzle of olive oil
- Small pinch of salt
- Start off by de-seeding the pomegranate. This can be a bit messy, but follow our tutorial video for an easy, mess-free approach to de-seeding this delicious fruit.
- While the pomegranate is soaking, add the persimmon, green onion, red onion, cilantro, and Feta cheese to a salad bowl.
- Finish de-seeding the pomegranate and add the pomegranate arils to the bowl.
- Finally, drizzle the citrus juice and olive oil over the salad. Add salt and toss to coat!